These muffins are one of Kai’s favorite foods. She requests them all the time, she does not know that these muffins do not in fact just appear when she wants them, I actually have to spend about 40 minutes to make them. LOL!
They are gluten free, nut free, egg free, soy fee and dairy free! The specific brand of ingredients that I use that are allergy safe for Kai are in parenthesis, however you can use any variation of ingredients that you wish and it should all work out the same. Kai has a super high metabolism so we use these as a side item for meals and even for a filling snack. She also loves them with honey on top. I hope you Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal (Bob’s Red Mill Organic Cornmeal)
- 1 cup flour (Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (Rice Dream Rice Milk)
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 6 TBSP vegan butter (Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees
- Lightly grease muffin pan or you can use cupcake liners
- In a large glass bowl, combine all ingredients gently using a spoon or whisk DO NOT OVER MIX (if you over mix the muffins will not rise).
- Last. Add In the melted vegan butter, gently stir again.
- Scoop mixture into the greased muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool off (if you can wait) and enjoy! 🙂
**Storage: Store muffins in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
**Reheating: I prefer to reheat in the oven or you can simply wrap muffins in a damp paper towel and microwave for 10-15 seconds.